Roast lamb with mint sauce is a classic dish that has been enjoyed for centuries. This flavorful and succulent meal is perfect for any special occasion or Sunday family dinner. The combination of tender lamb meat with the refreshing taste of mint sauce is simply irresistible.
If you are a fan of lamb or just looking to try something new, this recipe is a must-try. In this article, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of making a mouth-watering roast lamb with mint sauce. Get ready to impress your family and friends with this delicious dish!
- 1 leg of lamb (about 3 pounds)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
Step 2: In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, chopped rosemary, thyme, olive oil, salt, and pepper. This will be the marinade for your lamb.
Step 3: Place the leg of lamb in a roasting pan and rub the marinade all over the meat, making sure to cover it completely.
Step 4: Pour the chicken broth, red wine, and water into the roasting pan. This will help keep the lamb moist while it cooks.
Step 5: Cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil and place it in the oven. Let it cook for about 2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the lamb reaches 145°F (63°C).
Step 6: Once the lamb is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
Step 7: While the lamb is resting, make the mint sauce. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped mint leaves, honey, and lemon juice, and stir until well combined.
Step 8: Serve the lamb with the mint sauce on the side, or drizzled over the meat. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
– If you want a more flavorful lamb, marinate it overnight in the fridge before cooking.
– For a twist on the classic mint sauce, you can add a pinch of cumin or chili powder for a spicy kick.
– If you don’t have fresh herbs, you can use dried herbs instead. Just use half the amount called for in the recipe.
– This recipe can also be made with a boneless leg of lamb, but be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
– Serve your roast lamb with your favorite side dishes, such as roasted potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a fresh salad.
Roast lamb with mint sauce is a classic dish that never fails to impress. With its tender and juicy meat, combined with the refreshing and zesty flavors of the mint sauce, it’s no wonder why this dish has stood the test of time. Now that you have learned how to make it, you can enjoy this delicious meal anytime you want. Bon appétit!